Thursday, November 10, 2016

Aha! Stereo, Stereo

So what the heck was needling me about the OEM stereos in the HHR and Equinox? Other than being a really bland design, why did I keep thinking about it? And then it struck me like a frisbee in the face; that stereo, which is made by Panasonic, also ended up in the Suzuki XL7. I suppose that's not entirely surprising, given the relationship between GM and Suzuki, but it's still a bit weird. Or maybe that's just weird to a weirdo like me. The same stereo ended up in other GM vehicles too, of course, like the Malibu.

Chevrolet Equinox...has a different colored face plate
Chevrolet HHR...note the switch blanks - nice job, GM!
Suzuki XL7...same HVAC controls, too

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share a Youtube video, just copy and paste the URL in your comment.

Need to add an image of no more than 600 pixels wide? Use Imgur to edit and generate the BBcode you need or you can copy and paste this code [img]image-url-here[/img]