Saturday, November 12, 2016

1958 Chevrolet Delray Delivery

If you thought yesterday's Geo Storm Wagonback was offered a ridiculously low number of years, try this Chevrolet Delray 2-door Delivery. Offered only in 1958, the Delray model designation went extinct after that and I doubt too many people miss or even remember it. This was the entry level model, built on the B platform and you could get it with a 3.9 Blue Flame V6 (highly likely), the 4.6 Turbo Fire V8 or Chevy's first production V8, the 5.7 W-Series Turbo Thrust. Ah, they really knew how to name motors back in the day, didn't they? Most were used up and junked, just like most economy cars, then and since.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Some memories for me, because my dad had a '58 Pontiac two-door (not a 2-door wagon). This car reminds me of that one. (it was the only time he strayed from the Universe of the Blue Oval). Love the weird noises from the shifter and/or clutch pedal when he changes gear. My dad's had the three-on-the-tree also, but I don't remember the sound. And a twin carb set up. Holy Cow, that is neat!

    I just looked up the '58 Chevy wagon. The two-door version was called the Yeoman. Interestingly, it had multiple windows behind the doors, so this Delray would have been a different roof pressing. I suppose the rear passenger windows on the Yeoman probably go down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You beat me to the punch! That's tomorrow's feature.

      Delete

If you want to share a Youtube video, just copy and paste the URL in your comment.

Need to add an image of no more than 600 pixels wide? Use Imgur to edit and generate the BBcode you need or you can copy and paste this code [img]image-url-here[/img]