Thursday, November 17, 2016

1979- Present Vauxhall/Opel/Bedford Astra Estate

As we continue our journey around the world exploring the history, past and present, of the station wagon, we've already taken a look at the latest Opel Astra. But it's worth noting that, over seven generations, there has always been an Astra wagon available. Here are a couple of visual examples of each generation, rather randomly chosen. In my opinion, there really has been only three designs over the nearly 30 year lifespan.
1st Gen Bedford Astravan
2nd Gen Vauxhall Astra Bedford Estate
3rd Gen Vauxhall Astra Estate
4th Gen Vauxhall Astra Estate
5th Gen Vauxhall Astra Estate
6th Gen Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer
7th Gen Opel Astra Sport Tourer

4 comments:

  1. And is that what is slated to become the new Buick Regal wagon?

    http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/05/2018-buick-regal-wagon-confirmed-during-dealer-meeting/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct sir! Remember, we discussed it here on the REV last year.

      Delete
    2. Hey, I am lucky if I remember where I left my car keys last night. I think I am developing OADD (Online Attention Deficit Disorder).

      Anyway, I propose that the Buick should be renamed the Buick Bedford Estate. It just might give it come caché. Visions of Downton Abbey.

      Delete
    3. I think you're onto something there. I also believe that Buick should hire you for the marketing.

      In all fairness, it was almost a year ago that we discussed it.

      Delete

If you want to share a Youtube video, just copy and paste the URL in your comment.

Need to add an image of no more than 600 pixels wide? Use Imgur to edit and generate the BBcode you need or you can copy and paste this code [img]image-url-here[/img]