Saturday, November 26, 2016

1957-1958 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

The Packard Clipper station wagon, badged the Country Sedan, is one of those American cars that are highly collectible but you don't see a lot of them floating around. Here's a nice one up for auction (long since over) at Barrett-Jackson. My records indicate that the station wagon, which was really just a rebadged and mildly reworked Studebaker President, was only produced in 1957 and 1958. I don't have the exact production breakdown for the station wagon, but in 1957 there were roughly 4800 Packards sold. How many of those were wagons, I don't know. If you do, let me know. In 1958, only 159 Clipper wagons were made! I've never driven one and it's definitely on my list to do so; what a fabulous longroof.

1 comment:

If you want to share a Youtube video, just copy and paste the URL in your comment.

Need to add an image of no more than 600 pixels wide? Use Imgur to edit and generate the BBcode you need or you can copy and paste this code [img]image-url-here[/img]