Friday, December 2, 2016

K2 Buys: 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT

Let's skip to the chase and forget all of the other cars I took a look at; I bought a PT Cruiser. That's right, deal with it.

Most car enthusiasts have repetitive gripes about select automakers. One of mine has always been Chryslur (pun intended). It's gotten so bad over the years that I ended up feeling kinda guilty about it. I've always been interested in jumping into the cult of the Chrysler turbo 4-bangers and yet I hate the Neon, needed a practical-oriented vehicle, can't afford the latest versions and so how was I going to get an SRT turbo four cylinder?

Well folks, here it is; the replacement for my beloved Shadowagon. Will it turn out to be as bad as I and many others have decreed? In the weeks ahead, I'll sporadically update you on my research and buying decision, (further) reasons for getting it, initial driving and ownership impressions and what kind of car I ended up with. Stay tuned!

Good lord, what have I gone and done now.

6 comments:

  1. WTH? What's next, a BMW? It's the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I offer congratulations! One thing I know about the Neon/PT platform is they are cheap for parts. I have always admired the seat folding options on these. Maybe you and I will need to do a face-to-face Home Depot Run Comparo, you in the PT, me in the Focus Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, is that PT painted "Barney the Dinosaur" purple, or is it just my monitor?

      Delete
    2. It's black. I had a little too much fun with the photo filters.

      Delete

If you want to share a Youtube video, just copy and paste the URL in your comment.

Need to add an image of no more than 600 pixels wide? Use Imgur to edit and generate the BBcode you need or you can copy and paste this code [img]image-url-here[/img]