Wednesday, December 14, 2016

1962-1991 Ford Falcon Wagon...in Argentina

Designed in the US and built in Argentina, Ford offered the Falcon there beginning in 1962. Production ran all the way to 1991. Nearly thirty years is a long time in cardom, but the hilarious thing is that Big Blue decided to basically never update the darn thing other than periodically introducing a new front end design. "One Ford" wasn't taken too seriously back then, I suppose.

I would have liked to post a picture of an Argentinian 1962 Falcon wagon and a 1991 wagon, to illustrate how little it actually changed. But I'm too lazy to work any harder than I did, which wasn't much. Instead, I found a bunch of fun Argentinian Falcon videos. Only the first one actually has a wagon in it, I think.




2 comments:

  1. These ads are GREAT! You have been digging deep, K2. As you recommended, I will sit down and do some reading. I had no idea that we missed out on so many great wagon possibilities. Mind you, the RWD Fox-based wagon persisted in the form of the LTD until 1985...

    ReplyDelete

If you want to share a Youtube video, just copy and paste the URL in your comment.

Need to add an image of no more than 600 pixels wide? Use Imgur to edit and generate the BBcode you need or you can copy and paste this code [img]image-url-here[/img]