Monday, September 21, 2015

Road Sander

So this is one of my Holy Grails of Cardom, a real unicorn and I am a unicorn hunter...For years I've heard that Packard offered a rare option for an automated "sander" system controlled by the driver. When stuck in snow or on ice, drivers could dump sand in front (the attached photo is not of an exhaust!) of the rear tires via a switch.


But I couldn't find any proof and resigned myself to the fact that it was just an urban legend. A while ago, I made an acquaintance online and we got to discussing rare options and it came up. They said it was real and they could prove it! Well, they were right and sent me actual pictures of the system.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to share a Youtube video, just copy and paste the URL in your comment.

Need to add an image of no more than 600 pixels wide? Use Imgur to edit and generate the BBcode you need or you can copy and paste this code [img]image-url-here[/img]