Wednesday, March 1, 2017

1988-1992 Ford Telstar Estate

We've previously focused on the Ford Cortina and this was the replacement; the Ford Telstar, which was indeed named after the satellite. Basically just a rebadged Mazda 626, the Telstar was as long-lived as the Cortina. Even more so, actually.

The Telstar was introduced in 1982 and the long roof variant appeared concurrent with the release of the second generation in 1988. All of the other generations (five in total) were available as sedans and 5-door liftbacks. Production officially ended in 2001.

This is another car that I don't have production numbers specific to the station wagon. If you have or find them, please let me know! Here's a video of one in a junkyard, a 2.0 diesel no less. I love the "Pressure Wave Super Charger" badge.

1 comment:

  1. I live in Europe and I don't ever remember seeing one of these, not that I doubt it in the least. They're one of those cars that's nearly invisible unless you're insane about cars like you are K2. You never cease to surprise me.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to share a Youtube video, just copy and paste the URL in your comment.

Need to add an image of no more than 600 pixels wide? Use Imgur to edit and generate the BBcode you need or you can copy and paste this code [img]image-url-here[/img]